Information about Radiology
What is Radiology?
Your first glimpse of your child inside the womb. An X-ray that reveals how severe a fracture is. The CAT scan after a bad fall. Thanks to medical imaging, we can gain accurate visual representations of what’s going on under our skin and inside our bones for clinical analysis and medical intervention. As a field of medicine, diagnostic radiology uses non-invasive imaging exams and procedures to effectively diagnose a patient. The resulting detailed images inform physicians and patients about what’s going on inside the patient’s body, playing a key role in diagnosing any number of diseases or injuries.
How We Are Different
We help you gain insight into your injuries and clarity around serious health concerns—we even help you peek in on your soon-to-be-born child. When you need an X-ray, ultrasound, MRI, or CT scan, you don’t want to worry about driving all over town. Our Imaging Department keeps things simple for you. What’s more, you’ll benefit from our expertise, collaboration and coordinated care—from the licensed technologists who perform the imaging, to our radiologists who interpret the results. We’re here to answer the call, and to connect with your doctors and specialists who are just a few doors away.
The Radiology Department provides diagnostic services with the following modalities:
- Bone Density
- CAT Scan
- General Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Women’s imaging
- Urgent Care
- Pain Management injections
Breast Care imaging services:
- Screening Mammography
- Diagnostic Mammography
- CAD reviews
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Breast Biopsies
- All routine exams
- Thorocentesis and Paracentesis
- Routine OB exams
Vascular Ultrasound Services:
- Lower Extremity Arterial Duplex
- Visceral Duplex
- Aorta/Iliac Arterial Duplex
- 1.5T SiemensMagnetom Aera at Salmon Creek
- 1.5 Siemens Avanto at 87th Avenue
- MRI Scans: body, soft tissue pelvis, neurological, spine, orthopedic (bones and joints of the lower and upper extremities).
- MR Angiogram: brain, carotids, aorta, and lower extremity runoff Vitrea software for 3D Post Processing of images.
CT & PET Services:
- 64 SlicePhillips Brilliance CT at Salmon Creek
- 64 Slice SiemensSomatom Definition ASCT at 87th Avenue
- Siemens PET/CT at Columbia Tech Center
- CT Studies: chest, abdomen, pelvis, high resolution chest, renal stone, head, sinus, soft tissue neck, temporal bone, spine, upper and lower extremities, 3 phase liver, pancreas and kidney.
- CT Angiogram: brain, carotids, aorta, lower extremity runoff, heart (coronary CTA including calcium score)Vitrea software for 3D Post Processing of images.
Bone Mineral Density (DEXA):
- Screening for bone loss
- Monitor bone density composition status
- Vertebral Fracture Assessment
- General X-ray services
Do I need a physician order for the diagnostic service?
All diagnostic services, with the exception of screening mammography, require a physician order. Most insurances require preauthorization for the advanced imaging modalities, such as CAT scan and MRI.
How are diagnostic radiology services provided?
General imaging does not require a scheduled appointment. You can “walk-in” for your procedure. Imaging staff will call and schedule the appointment with you for all of the other diagnostic services.
What preparations do I need for the diagnostic procedure?
Imaging staff will explain all procedure preparations required when scheduling the appointment.
How will I receive the procedure results?
Procedure results are sent to your ordering provider for review and plan for care. Mammography patients will receive a patient friendly result letter in the mail after the procedure is interpreted.
Expect a team of experts to utilize the most advanced equipment possible in order to help uncover what’s going on in your body. You can also expect a simple and straightforward process, as we provide insurance verification and preauthorization when necessary, plus easy scheduling with multiple site options. You can also expect same-day scheduling, plus extended hours that include evening and weekend appointments. We store your images electronically, making it easy for your referring provider to access them as needed.