Information about Musculoskeletal
What is the Musculoskeletal Center?
Think about it—of the 206 bones in your body, which is your most important? Which ligament is your favorite? Which joint do you worry about, or find yourself treating with a combination of ice and heat without really knowing if you’re doing the right thing?
Musculoskeletal medicine involves the examination, diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical issues related to your musculoskeletal system, including disorders of joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons. Whether you are dealing with a long-term physical issue, or you need support after a recent injury, we help you take care of the way you move.
How we are Different
We identify the cause of your pain, and develop solutions and therapies using advanced medical techniques. With us you’ll receive a multi-modality approach from our providers and staff, from a comprehensive exam and work-up of your needs, all the way through treatment and after care.
Specialists within the Musculoskeletal Center practice a number of core, related specialties, including:
- Sports Medicine: comprehensive care and advanced imaging for patients with sports related injuries, motor vehicle accidents and/or arthritis related pain.
- Orthopedics: surgical consultations and services for patients with bone and soft tissue injuries of the extremities as part of our Total Joint Program.
- Podiatry: comprehensive conservative and surgical services for patients with ankle/foot related injuries, diabetic foot exams, ulcer prevention and treatment, and total ankle replacement under the TVC Total Joint Program.
- Pain Medicine: focused on restoring function in patients with musculoskeletal problems like chronic back and neck pain, tendonitis, pinched nerves and fibromyalgia.
You can learn more about these specialties by visiting their respective pages.
In addition, if you are a patient in our Total Joint Program, you’ll receive fantastic service and a team approach throughout your entire experience. We partner with Legacy Salmon Creek and PeaceHealth Southwest WA to provide education before and after surgery, and coordinate your care through the entire experience.
To help you achieve your health goals, recover from specific injuries, or overcome pain, inflexibility and lack of mobility, we utilize advanced imaging resources, conservative therapies, state-of-the-art and waterproof casting, surgical options and more as needed.
Review our full list of below, or visit a specific service page to learn more about areas of practice.
- Non surgical fracture management
- Shoulder injuries (including rotator cuffs)
- Tennis elbow
- Knee injuries (meniscus and ACL work ups)
- Hip pain with advanced US guided injections options
- Rib pain and/or fractures
- Carpal tunnel
- Arthritis pain of all extremities
- Trigger finger
- Surgical options for upper and lower extremities following work up by our Sports Medicine/Rheumatology specialists
- Surgical fracture management
- Surgical and non-surgical options
- Foot/ankle fractures
- Diabetic foot exams
- Wounds/ulcers of feet and ankles
- Restoring function from chronic back and neck pain
- Pinched nerves
- After-stroke care
- Spinal cord injuries, spinal disorders, and intervention spine techniques
- Recovering after amputation and/or joint replacement
- Sports injuries
- Nerve conduction studies (NCV) and electromyography (EMG)
What conditions fall under the musculoskeletal care?
Musculoskeletal care covers patient conditions involving the bones, muscles, joints and spine.
Why would I need musculoskeletal care?
We’re here to treat the entire body, whether you’re dealing with chronic back pain, have suffered an acute foot injury, or you are in need of a new knee. Day in and day out, we work with athletes, children, laborers, farmers, parents, retirees, and people from all walks of life who want to recover, move better, and feel at home in their bodies.
Do you work with children?
Absolutely. Our specialists provide compassionate care for patients of all ages.
Working with the specialists in our Musculoskeletal Department, you’ll receive clarity, comfort, and the results you need to return to your particular field of play. Whether we’re helping you build a personalized program to increase flexibility, or working with you after a serious accident, we meet you where you are at, and help you reach where you wish to be.