Adult Primary Care
Adult Primary Care
Information about Adult Primary Care
Experience a whole new way to stay healthy
The Adult Primary Care team focuses on taking care of the whole person. We treat patients who are medically complicated and provide additional services to improve patient and community health. Our goal is to give people the support they need to feel their best every day. Adult Primary Care patients develop close relationships with their providers. They also have on-site access to a licensed social worker, dietitian, psychiatrist, resource specialist (provided through the Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities of Southwest Washington), and a variety of classes and educational workshops. Patients are eligible for care at all of Vancouver Clinic’s Urgent Care locations and receive referrals to Vancouver Clinic’s specialty departments, as needed.
Prevent illness and manage your health with:
- Comprehensive physical exams for Humana Medicare Advantage patients
- Health screenings
- Primary, wellness, and preventive health care
- Health education classes (diabetes, heart health, high cholesterol, and more)
- Hospitalist and primary care provider discharge conferences
- Individual and group counseling
- Exercise classes (Silver Sneakers, Enhance Fitness, and more)
Take advantage of special features:
- Adult community space for social and relaxation activities (games, puzzles, books, coffee/tea)
- Group activities, including community walks
- Wellness presentations (Caregiver’s Survival Tips, Medicare 101, Aging Happily, Healthy Sleep, Preventing Falls, and more)
- On-site Humana representative to answer questions about benefits and claims
Adults age 60-plus are invited to improve their health and fitness with daily exercise classes at our new Vancouver Plaza Neighborhood Clinic. Call 360-882-2778 ext. 4250 to confirm class schedules or get directions.
Come at 1:45 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the EnhanceFitness class. This free group exercise program helps adults 60 and better become more active and energized, and empowers them to sustain independent lives. The class is led by a certified instructor and includes an aerobic workout, strength-training with soft ankle and wrist weights, and stretching and balance exercises. People of all fitness levels are encouraged to attend. The instructor is trained to adapt activities so that they are accessible to everyone. Movements can be performed seated or standing.
Come at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday for the SilverSneakers FLEX Strength and Balance class. All SilverSneakers classes are designed by experts in older adult fitness and taught by credentialed fitness professionals. SilverSneakers classes are created for adults age 65- plus, however all motivated adults are currently welcome. The class is geared toward people of all fitness levels and abilities. Modifications are offered and chairs are available.
*SilverSneakers is a free health benefit covered by many insurance plans. Vancouver Clinic can help you determine your eligibility when you come to class! If your plan does not cover the class, a $3 donation is suggested, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Who can be seen by Adult Primary Care?
- Are 55-plus and have commercial insurance, or
- Are age 18 and over and have a Humana Choice PPO or Gold Plus HMO Medicare Advantage Plan, or
- Are age 18 and over and are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid and who enrolled in Humana’s Gold Plus HMO SNP-DE.
Where can I go to receive Adult Primary Care?
This service is currently available only at our Vancouver Plaza location: 7809–B NE Vancouver Plaza Drive, Suite 110. An additional location will be added in 2019.